We get many questions from growers like you all over the country and the world, so we are taking this episode to answer a handful of these questions on topics ranging from young vine training to fungicide rotation.
Listen in, as you may have had some of these same questions in your vineyard, and stay tuned for more grower Q&A episodes in the future!
In this episode, you will hear:
- In year two, should I let the fruit develop or drop?
- When should I start spraying vines in the season if there’s rain in the forecast, and how does that affect the spread?
- What do you do if your vines are at different stages of bud development in the spring and rain is forecasted?
- Can I cut extra spurs back to the basil bud or thin the new green shoots?
- When and how is the best way to apply boron?
- Is using a fungicide with the same FRAC (Fungicide Resistance Action Committee) code on back-to-back sprays okay?
Follow and Review:
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
- Want Fritz to answer your grape growing questions? Request a FREE Guest Pass to get live advice from Fritz during the next Virtual Viticulture Academy Live Vineyard Advising session (scheduled every other Monday).
- Or, you can always reach out to Fritz via the “Ask Fritz” button at VineyardUndergroundPodcast.com if you have questions about this episode or any other grape growing questions.
- Learn to Be a Better Grape Grower with VirtualViticultureAcademy.com – save $75 off your first year of membership with the code Underground at checkout.