In today’s episode, we get to listen in as Fritz presents the keynote presentation at the 2023 Ohio Grape & Wine Conference focusing on the holistic approach to vine health, production, and vineyard longevity along with best practice innovations for holistic vineyard management. Embracing a holistic approach entails looking at the complete system from the time you plant your vineyard through the life of your vineyard with focuses on:
- Vine Establishment
- Soil Quality & Vine Nutrition
- Vine Management Practices
- Disease Suppression & Exclusion
- Vine Longevity & Sustained Yields
In this episode, you will hear:
- What a holistic vineyard management approach looks like
- Grower innovations to address vineyard challenges
- Soil conservation practices
- A closed system approach to vine training
- Vine training best practices
- Why shoot thinning during the green vegetative cycle is important
- Use of the Watson System across the country to solve diverse vineyard challenges
Subscribe and Review
Have you subscribed to our podcast? We’d love for you to subscribe if you haven’t yet.
We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
Click the “Ask Fritz” button at VineyardUndergroundPodcast.com to get your vineyard question answered.
Book Fritz for your grower organization events.
Learn to Be a Better Grape Grower with VirtualViticultureAcademy.com – save $75 off your first year of membership with the code Underground at checkout.
Episode Resource Links:
View the full Grower Guide Library.
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Emerald City Productions. They helped me grow and produce the podcast you are listening to right now. Find out more at https://emeraldcitypro.com Let them know we sent you.