This week we are joined by a few growers who have recently started their own vineyards as they share their personal experiences and advice for you if you are considering planting a vineyard. Even if you’ve already planted your vineyard, you’re still going to get some great advice from this fun episode.
Vineyard owners come from many walks of life, so today we chat with a working professional that developed his vineyard with his family along side of his current career, a family that left the corporate world at a young age to start their vineyard, and a lovely couple who started their vineyard to keep them busy as they enter into retirement.
Our guests today are Craig Little from the award-winning Stone Ashe Vineyards and Winery in Hendersonville, NC, Daniel and Kristina Limoges from the breathtaking Limoges Cellars in Cleveland, GA, and John and Rebecca Greenan from Las Huertas de Tejas Vineyard in Clairette, TX.
In this episode, you will hear:
- About our guests and what made them want to start a vineyard
- Their most and least favorite parts about growing a vineyard
- Common mistakes to avoid and what they wish they could have had done differently
- Their advice for anyone considering establishing a vineyard site
Subscribe and Review
Have you subscribed to our podcast? We’d love for you to subscribe if you haven’t yet.
We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
- Stone Ashe Vineyards: https://www.stoneashevineyards.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/stoneashe_vineyard/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/StoneAsheVineyard/
Daniel & Kristina Limoges
- Limoges Cellars: https://limogescellars.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/limogescellars
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/limogescellars/
John & Rebecca Greenan
- Las Huertas de Tejas Vineyard: https://lashuertasdetejas.com/ (website coming soon)
Click the “Ask Fritz” button at vineyardundergroundpodcast.com to get your vineyard question answered.
Learn to Be a Better Grape Grower with VirtualViticultureAcademy.com.
If you have land and are planting in the next 2-4 years, you can check out the Vineyard Establishment Package. This is a very affordable way to ensure that you get your vineyard planned and planted correctly with help on all aspects from me and the team.