Are you dreaming of starting a vineyard? If so, then this special 2-part episode is for you!
Starting a vineyard can very quickly turn from a dream into a nightmare if you aren’t properly educated and prepared for what it takes to start, own, and grow a successful vineyard.
On today’s episode, Fritz shares some key factors you need to consider before you start a vineyard. In Part II, you will hear from growers like you who have recently planted and established their first vineyards as they talk about their experiences being new vineyard owners.
In this episode, you will hear:
- What makes for a good or bad vineyard location
- The importance of topography and soil
- Why you absolutely must have a proper and adequate water source
- The reasons why land use history for your site and the surrounding areas are important
- What it takes from you as a vineyard owner to be successful
- Common mistakes growers make in starting a vineyard, and how to avoid them
Subscribe and Review
Have you subscribed to our podcast? We’d love for you to subscribe if you haven’t yet.
We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
Click the “Ask Fritz” button at vineyardundergroundpodcast.com to get your vineyard question answered.
Learn to Be a Better Grape Grower with VirtualViticultureAcademy.com.
If you have land and are planting in the next 2-4 years, you can check out the Vineyard Establishment Package. This is a very affordable way to ensure that you get your vineyard planned and planted correctly with help on all aspects from me and the team.